Skip to content
A Stranger’s Secret Study Questions
- At the beginning of the book, Morwenna saves a stranger from drowning. Why is she determined to keep him close at hand?
- Morwenna fears several things. What are they and why does she fear them?
- Morwenna holds considerable resentment toward her grandparents. How do you think her past drives her present actions?
- Which of these are justified? Which are not?
- How do Morwenna’s actions effect her spiritually? In her relationships?
- How can you relate to Morwenna—or not?
- How does David’s relationship with his family effect his ability to cope with everything he endures?
- How does he justify not telling Morwenna about her parents?
- David is of a vastly different social class than Morwenna in a class-conscious society. What insecurities about his rank does David show—if any—and how does they effect his actions?
- How are David and Morwenna alike despite their different backgrounds? How are they similar?
- Morwenna is determined to succeed on her own. In what ways have you acted with a similar actor and what were the outcomes—positive or negative?
- How does the romance between David and Morwenna help them both grow spiritually and emotionally?